Why Kelowna and the Okanagan is so popular and growing ?
Known as the California of Canada – Canada’s largest wine region with 120 + wineries – Canada’s “Napa Valley” for wine touring – Rolling hills with Peach, Apricot and Fruit Orchards – Sandy Beaches for boating and swimming – Hundreds of Lakes for fishing – Trails for hiking and exploring – warm dry climate – Great Restaurants – World class golfing – An outdoor paradise – Cycling mega trails – Winter skiing with amazing powder and Canadas best Cross Country Trails….simply…….how can it get better -----
A fabulous lifestyle !
Total Okanagan population approx. 450,000
Any Questions about moving here, please give us a call, we would love to talk to you.
Okanagan Weather :
One of the best climates in Canada, dry warm summers and mild winters.
Central Okanagan average Temperatures :
- Average high temperature (summer): 28 C/84 F
- Average low temperature (winter): -8 C/16 F
- Average Hours of Sunshine: almost 2000 per year
- Average Rainfall: Approximately 30 cm/11in yearly
- Average Snowfall: 139.8cm/55in in the valleys (varies by city) and up to 644cm/253" in the mountain ( Silver Star and Big White )
Average monthly Temperature in Kelowna:
December 0 C/ 32 F July 28 C/82 F February 3 C / 37 F
Penticton has very similar temperatures like Kelowna, Vernon can vary from 1-2 degrees cooler than Kelowna or Penticton
Kelowna Airport Fact:
- 3rd busiest Airport in British Columbia, 11th largest Airport in Canada
- Record breaking 1.6 Mill passengers per year
- Fastest growing Airport in Canada
- Growth expected to 2.9 Mill in the next 10-15 years
- New Masterplan for 2025 in place due to highest growth
- Growth with new routes and flight frequencies
- Approx. 15 direct flights per day from Vancouver and 15 from Calgary
- Many International Flights, direct flights Toronto, USA, Mexico etc.
- Located North of Kelowna, close to Lake Country and Vernon
UBC Okanagan Fact:
An incredible University located just outside Kelowna.
- 8200 Students
- 500 Faculty Staff
- 1676 Campus beds
- Size: 516 acres ( 209) hectares
- UBC Medical School
- Annual research fund- 14.5 Mill research projects underway
- UBC O has its own Television station http://ubco.tv/
Detailed Community Information for each area:
About Kelowna: ( largest City )
About Lake Country: ( 3rd fastest growing community in BC )
About Vernon: ( 2nd largest City )
Okanagan relocation resources:
- WelcomeBC: Everything you need to know about immigrating to British Columbia
- City of Kelowna website
- City of Vernon website
- City of Penticton website
- WorkBC: Overview of the job search process and links to job-??hunting resources in Vancouver and elsewhere in British Columbia. For more job search resources, see Finding a Job.
- Invest British Columbia: Resources for entrepreneurs and small business owners
- Health Insurance BC: How to apply for health insurance in British Columbia
- Okanagan schools: Central Okanagan School District #23 (Kelowna area), Vernon School District #22Penticton/?Naramata School District #67
- Getting around the Okanagan: Kelowna Regional Transit System, Vernon Regional Transit System, Penticton Transit System,
- Okanagan media: Kelowna Daily Courier, Vernon Morning Star, Penticton Herald,
- Publications: www.okanaganlife.com; www.absoluteokanagan.ca ;
From the Newspaper The Guardian, UK – 2016
Hope you like our Info pages that we have picked. Any questions about the Okanagan, please call us. We are here to help.
The Denk Team www.moveokangan.com